Chief Information Officer, Clinical Affairs IT Services
Associate Dean for Information Technology
Vince Sheehan oversees all aspects of the information technology environment for participating health sciences schools. As CIO, his strategic priorities are to help the health sciences community develop interdisciplinary education and research initiatives, remove barriers preventing clinicians' ability to work across university and partner organization boundaries, and create support environments that get technology out of the way so people can do their jobs.
Sheehan reports jointly to Jay Hess, IU vice president for clinical affairs, and Brad Wheeler, IU vice president for IT and CIO. He worked in city government, banking, and health care before joining IU in 1998. Sheehan is a native of Indianapolis and received his bachelor's degree from Indiana University.
- Fellow, Frye Leadership Institute
- Co-chair, EDUCAUSE Health Sciences Constituency Group. 2011-2014
- Member, EDUCAUSE National Conference Program Committee. 2013
- Board member, Symantec Healthcare Advisory Board. 2011-2013
- Chair, Association of American Medical Colleges Group on Information Resources. 2008-2011
- Director, Association of American Medical Colleges Leadership Institute. 2008-2009